Man, 50, Convicted For Witchcraft


The Karu Senior Magistrates’ Court, Abuja, on Monday convicted one Auta Yako, 50, of Kugbo Market, for being a wizard and inciting public disturbance.
Prosecutor Francis Udofia, a police corporal, had told the court that Yako confessed openly to have the power of witchcraft on Jan. 12.
“With the power, he was able to kill one Emma Danjuma at Kugbo. He said other people will also die.”
Udofia said the claims caused disturbance and a break down of peace in the area.
He said the offence contravened Section 114 of the Penal Code.
The accused pleaded guilty to the charge, saying: ‘ ‘I was coming back from the farm when I heard that the some people were planning to kill me.
“I then ran to the police station for safety. I confessed all that happened. I have witchcraft. It was one Fulani woman who gave me the powers.
“I was able to kill one Danjuma. I was planning to kill another person when the news of my initial deed came to the notice of the people.”
He, however, pleaded for leniency.
The magistrate, Mr Bashiru Alkali, convicted Yako and ordered him to be remanded in Keffi Prison until Jan. 28 for sentencing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Osaze Odemwingie’s Marriage In Trouble

Nigerians Are Good People Indeed

Police Arrest Redeemers University Student Over Death Of Suspected Gay Banker